About Gurdwara Chheharta Sahib
Gurdwara Chheharta Sahib is situated on the Amritsar – Gurusar Sultan Road, near village Guru ki Vadali, seven kms from Amritsar.
Guru ki Vadali is the birthplace of the Sixth Guru, Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib, the son of Guru Arjan Dev Ji. To celebrate the birth of his son, Guru Arjan Dev Ji constructed a big well at this place. This well had six Persian wheels to draw out the water and thus came to be known as Chheharta, the well with six wheels. This well helped in removing water scarcity in the region and enabled the greening of the fields.
Basant Panchami is celebrated with great enthusiasm at Gurudwara Chheharta Sahib on fifth day of the bright half of the month of Magh (end of January or beginning of February).
- Gurudwara chheharta sahib
- chheharta sahib gurdwara
- history of gurdwara chheharta sahib
- gurdwara chheharta sahib amritsar
- chheharta sahib
- all about Gurudwara shehrta sahib amritsar
- history of guru duwara chhearta sahib
- history of chhehartha sahib
- guru dwara chheharta sahib of amritsar
- gurduwara chhirtha shaib